Full Professor - University of Bologna
Università degli Studi di Bologna,
DEIS V.le Risorgimento, 2
40136 Bologna, Italy
Phone: +39 051 20.93.065
+39 335 6108925
Fax: +39 051 20.93.880
ORESTE ANDRISANO was born in Bologna, Italy, on February 14, 1952. He received the Dr. Ing. degree in electronic engineering from the University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy, in 1975. In the same year he joined the Department of Electronics, where he became associate professor of Electrical Engineering in 1985. He is now full professor of Telecommunication Systems.
- Since 1992 he is the Director of CSITE (Centro di studio per l'Informatica e i Sistemi di Telecomunicazioni), University of Bologna and Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Rome.
- In 1987 and 1988 he cooperated in the definition phase of PROMETHEUS (EUREKA), as an european coordinator for the transmission systems research area.
- He was in the Steering Committe of Project DACAR (Data Acquisition and Communication Techniques and their Assessment for Road Transport) in the framework of DRIVE I, ECC, 1988-1991. In this project he worked in the assessment and coordination group in cooperation with Volkswagen (Volfsburg) and Bakkenist (Amsterdam).
- In the period 1987-1994 he was the responsible in the University of Bologna for the PROMETHEUS activities.
- In the period 1991-1994 he was the responsible for the PROCOM activities in Italy.
- Since 1995 he is in the Steering Committee of CNIT (Consorzio Nazionale Interuniversitario per le telecomunicazioni)
- Since 1995 he is the coordinator of the research project TELCO (Telecommunicatioon networks for Cooperative Driving)
- Since august 1996 he is an Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Communications (Modulation for fading channels)
- He has been a consultant of Fondazione U.Bordoni (Rome)
- He has been a consultant of Telecom Italia Mobile
- His research activity has been concerned with different fields in the digital communication area, such as digital signal processing, data transmission for satellite and fixed radio links applications, local wireless and mobile radio networks. In recent years, he has also been active in the Advanced Transport Telematics area, for the problems concerned with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
- He was an invited speaker at the 1983 International Tirrenia Workshop on Digital Communications
- He is a Reviewer of the main magazines in the Telecommunication area, such as
- 1. IEEE Transactions on Communications,
- 2. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technologies,
- 3. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications,
- 4. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems,
- 5. European Transactions on Telecommunications,
- 6. IEE Proceedings
- 7. IEE Electronics Letters
- He is or was:
- member of I.E.E.E. (Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- member of the IEEE Communication Society (Institution of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- member of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Society
- member of the IEEE Radiocommunication Commettee
- member of A.E.I. (Associazione Elettrotecnica ed Elettronica Italiana)
- member of the Scientific Committe of the Telecommunication and Information Theory Group (C.N.R., 1986- 1989).
- Official evaluator of the european research project submitted to European Community Commission (telematics-transport-february-january 1995)
- Previous and current activities at european level (European Community Commission)
- Advanced Telematics for Road transport
- Telecommunication: vehicle to vehicle communication, vehicle-to-roadside communication, cooperative driving, ecc.
- DRIVE DACAR (assessment and coordination)